Sunday, March 9, 2014

Super Sunday Scripture Study Commentary #1: March 9th, 2014

Happy Sunday Readers,

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. If that's the first time you heard of such a church, you might be more familiar with the name Mormons, our nickname. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and the fact that He atoned for the sins of the world. I know that the scriptures his prophets have written are full of relevant and laser-guided specific help for my life and yours. I'll be here every Sunday, giving a thought or two about what I've learned from the scriptures or from listening to His spirit, or both. Hopefully both, preferably both. I'll have posts from the Old and New Testaments (King James Version), as well as from scripture specific to the Latter-Day Saints (The Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price). If the idea of additional scripture is new to you, its more than exciting for me to introduce you to the three I just mentioned. Great reads, I highly recommend them. Without further ado, today's scripture:

Matt. 7: 13-14:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

 Truth is not usually obvious, popular, or widely accepted. The principles of Eternal Life run against the norm in mortality, and therefore they will be significantly hard to find. This also implies that any “Broad Gate” claiming to lead to God and be easy on us at the same time is not of God. The “Strait Gate” is demanding, strenuous, and refining. Anyone who tries to walk it without meeting the prerequisites cannot stay on it, and won’t want to.


No comments:

Post a Comment