Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Cold and Honest Thoughts on Makeup

Hey Readers,

The other day my wife started reading the fine print on one of her tubes of lip gloss. I kid you not, the text read, "We love our animal friends. We don't test our products on them." I would be fascinated to see how someone might test lip gloss on an animal in the first place. How do you know when the test was successful?

"Oh my gosh, that horse looks fabulous!"

"I know, right?"

"We better start selling that lip gloss to people!"

Thinking about the origin of makeup is mystifying. Who came up with this in the first place?

"Don't like the way your face looks? Shmear some crap on it, that'll fix it."

Bless their hearts, girls just want to look good, and that is more than commendable, but why is grinding up random stuff to paint on your face the default option? Why aren't guys expected to do the same thing? I'll be the first to say I'm forever thankful that we're not, don't get me wrong. Can you imagine marketing makeup for guys? I've got the perfect name for it:

"Man Face: When your real man face just isn't good enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment