Thursday, March 6, 2014

From Random Beginnings

Hello You Beautiful People,

  Can I call you beautiful? Beauty? Beut?... Beau? Whichever of those four you claim sounds good. I hope you're here out of curiosity, because I am too. I never had a very clear idea what a blog even was until last night. The most concrete thing I knew and assumed about blogs is summed up in "Blogging: Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few" (despair.com). Despite the odds, I'm here to give this a try, come subscribers or not. The main reason is because I have a passion for influencing an audience; making them laugh, making them cry, changing their minds about the world they live in to know or believe something more than they did before. It is a powerful feeling. Since I love to do this, I want to show it. Since I'm a relative nobody, I haven't had much of a public chance to be seen or read. This is where you come in. This is Open Mic Night in My Head, the best variety blog I can come up with! Again, I'm glad you're here, and I hope you're here to stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment